I love to watch you sleep
and drink from your open lips
As you snore rythmatically
I tuck my head into your chest
And picture your heart pumping
The letters of my name to your mind
So that dreams of me spring forth
Of days long ago, days when we
frolicked in the sun playing
hide and seek in your backyard
Or that time when you stubbed
your toe against a rock
Tearing my dress up i became
Your Florence Nightingale
dressing up your wound and finishing
with a loving kiss as a mother would.
I love to watch you sleep
And trace out your browline where
I see the gulley that worry has dug
over the years of me and you
fighting your illness of infidelity
Tracing your lips how many women have you kissed,
Uttered their names with the
fragility you echo when you call to me
i picture you nervously smiling, quickly
throwing in your pending trip between
the i love you and you are special to me.
Those countless evenings when you
Plotted against me, unceremoniously fooling me
as i smiled patiently watching your illness
encroach my territory i cradled you like a baby
when you returned nervously grinning you showed
me your infidelity but i blindly held you
refusing, believing only what my mind tells me.
I just love to watch you when you sleep.
©Nobuntu2010
The Mad reviewed on Amazon.com in the USA
2 months ago









No comments:
Post a Comment