
I wish I could protect you from heart break and shield you from danger. With the stroke of a paint brush, I wish I could paint a picture perfect life for you, but sadly I cannot.
Today you turn 19, you first birthday far away from home. There will be no special meal from Mummy or happy birthday sung in discord by the family. No 1 litre of coke chilling in the middle of the coffee table or the family eagerly anticipating a big slice of cake.
Instead, you will be creating new rituals with your friends. Far away from home they will be your family, laughing and crying with you. Today is your day and I am sure you are true to form and have them at your beckon and call.
What I do know is, my baby sister turns 19 today and she is far away from home. I also know that you have grown to become an amazing woman and I am so proud of you. This is your last year as a teenager, live your life to the fullest. Your twenties will come and they will bring with them a new set of rules, don't worry, they are not too difficult to master.
Shine on my little one, I love you from the bottom of my heart and i am desperately fighting the lump in my throat and blinking a lot so that I don't cry. I pray God protects you and guides you, I pray that you surround yourself with a good circle of friends.
Enjoy this day for it only comes once a year.









Ndlovukazi...ntomb'endala, sweetheart my chocolate. Happy Birthday. Hope your day is filled with love, good times and lotsa gifts!!!
ReplyDeleteWish you all the best for the coming year. These are the best days of your life..Live them out to the fullest. Dnt ever apologise for being Fabolous! Here's to You!!! [champagne glasses clinking...cheers]
kwakwakwa i spent a good 5 mins tryna figure out who O.T is muwahahahahhahahhhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha wove ya
ReplyDelete