I thought it only fitting to coin my first entry 'Soldier of love.' That was my feeble attempt at summing up joy I have left in my heart.
Rewind to 7am this morning. I woke up bright and early. On the right side of bed, with my lovely boyfriend besides me. We did our morning rituals which consist of him going out for a smoke while I close my eyes for 5 minutes. He returns, then holds me and squeezes me tight, I look into his eyes, smile and dread the day ahead (I hate work). We continue like this for another 5 minutes, after which we get up to go shower.
Today, although we were consistent with the cuddle and the smoke, he mentioned something that left me perturbed. This involved my new found addiction, twitter. I will admit I am a social addict, having the typical Facebook account with at least 300 friends, once i log on i cant log off. Anyway, my twitter is very different, i am intellectually nourished on twitter, with friends posting up to the minute information on current news, an opinion or even starting a movement.
Now this social platform exposes you to complete strangers. I met a few interesting young men who blog and talk about Hemingway and world news. It was enthralling and I appreciate a good conversation. Now how do I interact with these people without leading anyone one or seeming flirtatious?
To add-on to this my boyfriend who is also on twitter does not have many followers, i made a note of this. In my reflections, i concluded that it is very hard for people to follow a man on twitter. Correct me if im wrong, but me, a woman, can amass a huge following in a very short space of time.
Presently. I get to the office and look at my twitter from my boyfriend's perspective, although i myself have nothing going on like a tweet saying 'hey hun' I see why he can feel so overprotective of his girlfriend. Together with my mixed emotions on social media, i decided to delete my twitter account.
5 minutes later my boyfriend angered by my deleting my account, tells me I must reactivate it immediately, This is what happens when there is lack of communication in a relationship. I spent ten minutes of my morning trying to get him to tell me what the problem is, and he didn't. Now, i then look at the situation to see what could be salvaged, and together with my mixed emotions on social media, i felt it best to lose the account. Now my boyfriend is mad at me, and i have to wait 6 hours to see him and discuss this, it is very torturous.
On a day like this when my blood is boiling with anger, i back track to the special moments we have shared. I conjure up an image of him in my head. I know he loves me, and i love him, and this is just a silly issue.
Soldier of love.
The Mad reviewed on Amazon.com in the USA
2 months ago









No comments:
Post a Comment